I ran across an article yesterday called “The top 10 lessons I learned from A Year of Productivity” and really wanted to share it with you. It’s Chris Bailey’s story about taking a year off and researching, reading everything possible about productivity and writing about his findings. As a very busy Arlington community we can definitely take a few tips and apply it to our life. I think Chris did an amazing job with all the research and is offering a wealth of valuable tips and information. You can find a lot more stuff on his website. Visit the website! Do it!!!!
Here are the top 10 tips that I really loved in no particular oder:
1. Schedule less time for important tasks
2. Have a “maintenance day” for laundry, errands, cleaning, groceries, etc.
3. Work no more than 35 hours per week
4. Keep all emails to 5 sentences or less
5. Make a list of all that you are waiting on
6. Completely disconnect from the internet if you want something done
7. At the start of every day define 3 outcomes you want to accomplish (not tasks!)
8. Respond to email in batches
9. Ask yourself: “Why do I want to get something done?”
10. Schedule free time.
Hope you check out the website and find something that will make your life better.