- Homes are still selling in Arlington! 55 homes went to “pending” status in the last 7 days. (Last school day in Arlington was 3/13/2020)
- Open houses are very unlikely – look for photos and ask for virtual tours from the listing agent.
- BE CAREFUL and assess your own risk when listings and seeing homes – the virus can stay in the air and on surfaces from hours to days. It is YOUR responsibility to protect yourself – not seller’s, buyer’s or their agents’. Good listings still get a ton of traffic, but shortages of masks, gloves and hand sanitizer makes it difficult to provide homes with protective equipment.
- My office – KW Metro Center is closed to the public, but it open for private appointments.
- Here are the statistics numbers for Arlington Co today – I will be keeping track of this daily:
5. Mortgage interest rates have been fluctuating like mad on a daily basis. Buyers usually have a limit to what they can qualify for and what mortgage payment they can afford. Locking your rate in a timely manner is important. This uncertainty will scare away a few buyers, but they would risk higher interest rates after the pandemic.So what does the future look like? We don’t know yet. Recession is coming, but Arlington is a lot more resilient than other parts of the country.