State of the real estate market in Arlington, VA April 18, 2020
If you are thinking about selling your home in the next year – now is probably the best time, but you do have to take safety into consideration and evaluate your risk.
- Our MLS data for March shows that inventory levels in Arlington are still at 1 month – which indicates a very strong seller’s market… many buyers are still looking, real estate market is very much alive:
2. March 2020 had the same number of new listings on the market as March 2019, but new contracts are down by 11% from 280 to 249.
3. Looking for a deal already? Not so fast – Arlington homes are still selling above list price.
4. My colleagues reported a number of appraisal issues for their transactions – appraisers started taking into account the uncertainty of the future into their valuations.
5. Here are the numbers for the activity in Arlington since the beginning of pandemic.