Rosslyn is the most urban looking community of Arlington – like a little Manhattan of DC Metro area. It’s the only neighborhood right next to the Potomac river and Washington DC.
What do you need to know?
Rosslyn is a neighborhood developed around Rosslyn Metro Stop. Lots of commercial offices, high rises, rental buildings, condos – it’s not as residential as some of the close by neighborhoods as Courthouse, Clarendon or Ballston. It is becoming a lot more residential though – so not to worry.
- Closest neighborhood to Washington DC – literally across 2 Bridges – minutes to DC.
- Walk to DC – 15-20 min, Walk to Clarendon 20 min
- Metro or bus from Arlington, VA to Washington DC within minutes, you can also easily Metro to Tyson’s, Vienna, Alexandria within 10–20min. Click here for information on the Rosslyn Metro.
- Easy bike ride or scooter ride – lots of bike paths and sidewalks. 5-10min to DC. And it’s all downhill (not so on the way back!)
- Parking can be difficult in downtown area – use other options.
- You can also catch a bus to New York. Click here for all the bus options in Rosslyn.
- Free Georgetown shuttle to students and staff to Georgetown University.
- DC Circulator Bus comes to Rosslyn and can take you to a variety of DC locations for $1.
- Easy Access to National Airport – drive 10 mins, Metro 20 minutes
- 30 minute drive to Dulles Airport (not rush hour), 50 minutes via Metro/Bus. Soon you will be able to take Metro directly to the airport.
- Lots of Highways to easily get anywhere: Hwy 66, Route 50, Virginia State Route 110, George Washington Memorial Parkway, Route 29.
Rosslyn, VA Lifestyle:
What I LOVE about Rosslyn is the scenic views of Washington DC. Rosslyn has THE BEST views. Period. People living in DC can’t get these views unless they come here. Go to Iwo Jima Memorial to relax and enjoy our beautiful City.
Rosslyn is literally NEXT door to Washington DC – which has many many world class options for dining, entertainment, art and so much more!
Runner’s Paradise – LOTS OF TRAILS for running: Custis Trail, C&O Canal, Capital Crescent Trail, Mount Vernon Trail (a very scenic trail by the Potomac) and cal also run on the Roosevelt Island (no bikes there). Click here for a link to the map.
Biker’s Paradise too! Easy biking to everything – DC, Crystal City, National Airport. (all on trail by the river with scenic views).
Lots of casual food options – Little Beet, Cava, Sweet Green, Chipotle, Pot Belly’s, District Taco, Chop’t, Capriotti’s Sandwiches, Panera, Cosi, South Block, Pho75, Roti, Ben’s Chili Bowl, Simple Greek and more. You get the idea!!! 🙂
Higher-end restaurant/bar options – Quarter Deck for crabs, Sfoglina, Il Radicchio, Heavy Seas restaurant/Ale house, Barley Mac, Quinn’s Sports Bar, Open Road is coming soon – and that will be a big one! You can click here to see all options.
Groceries: Not perfect, but there are some options. Newly remodeled Safeway and also Target has food as well, Mom’s Organic Market is up the street. Trader Joe’s and Whole Food is nearby – 5 minute drive or 2 Metro stops.
Fitness studios: you can certainly be in shape within walking distance – Orange Theory, Gold’s Gym, BASH Boxing, E60 fitness, Anytime Fitness, LavaBarre, Crossfit Rosslyn, Good Sweat Cycling and more!
Playgrounds: Large sandbox at Gateway Park or play at Fort Myer Heights Park in South Rosslyn.
Parks: Gateway Park – a place where Rosslyn BID organizes many events- Cider festival, Rosslyn Jazz Festival, Summer outdoor movies every Friday. Freedom Park, Dark Star Park.
Walk to world known monuments – US Marine Corps Memorial – also knows as Iwo Jima, Netherlands Carillon and US National Cemetery. Roosevelt Island is also right in Rosslyn, VA.
Click here for Rosslyn, Arlington condo list and available condos for sale
Currently available listings in Rosslyn
Here are some photos and videos of Rosslyn – so you can get a vibe of what it is!