What’s happening in Arlington, VA real estate?
Every Wednesday I publish a list of important events in Arlington’s real estate. Today is February 26, 2020 and here are the top 5 bits from the last 7 days!
1. Arlington Economic Development just posted 4th Quarter real estate update completing all of 2019. Report shows annual price increases for Arlington properties: detached homes: +11.5%, townhomes +9.3%, condos +4.7%. New listings were down 17.6% (3,930 in 2018 vs. 3,237 in 2019) For the full report and info about ongoing project in Arlington click here.
2. 45 million $ home sale in Arlington throws off market statistics for January 20th – showing “average price” 47% increase from $659,008 to $968,949 (2018 vs. 2019) Medium price was 5% down. This sale will continue to mess up our future “average price” statistics! Ugh. Here’s a link to the listing on Zillow.
3. Arlington Co Board voted 4:0 to advertise hearings for 3 JBG Smith submitted projects as a “whole” vs. individual projects. The developer would get the maximum height and density benefit overall AND community would get a maximum benefit from combining the tree projects. With so many new projects going in – we will definitely need a new school! If you are interested in the future of Crystal City – you should go to the meetings. You can read more here.
4. The old warehouses along Eads St. in Crystal City have been torn down to make room for Amazon’s permanent HQ2 – coming in 2023. Watch the video here!
5. New York architecture firm wants to create an amazing park by Amazon HQ2, but the redundant parking for 50 cars in the area might have to go. Want to have impact of what the park brings? – survey links and more information can be found here.
Hope you found this interesting and useful! If you have any other Arlington real estate facts, events that you want to bring up – please contact me!
Provided to you by Renata Briggman – local Arlington real estate agent.