Ballston is the western anchor of the Rosslyn-Ballston Metro corridor. Known as the Washington Metro regions hub of innovation, research, learning, technology and science.
What do you need to know?
Ballston is a neighborhood that boasts elegant high-rises, upscale hotels, shopping, restaurants and inviting green space. A very pedestrian friendly area you will also find many options for public transportation. With the newly redesigned Ballston Quarter, Ballston is booming with shopping and many dining options.
Ballston, Arlington Location:
- Metro to DC (Farragut West) from Ballston Metro 18 min.
- Drive to DC – 15 min
- Easy bike ride or scooter ride – to the surrounding neighborhoods like Virginia Square & Bluemont.
- Parking can be difficult during lunch time and weekends. Highly recommend using the easily accessible public transportation.
- Easy Access to National Airport – drive 12 mins
- 30 minute drive to Dulles Airport (not rush hour), 1 hour via Metro/Bus. Soon you will be able to take Metro directly to the airport.
Ballston, Arlington Lifestyle:
What I love about Ballston:
Lots of casual food options –Zoe’s, Cava, Sweetgreen, Potbelly, Sweet Leaf, Chipotle, Bruegger’s Bagel, Mike’s Café, Cosi, Subway, IHOP, Super Pollo
Higher-end restaurant/bar options – PF Chang’s, Nando’s Peri-Pero, Grand Cru, Uncle Julio’s, Bronson Bier Hall, Rustico, The Melting Pot
Groceries: Harris Teeter and Safeway located in the neighboring Bluemont neighborhood
Fitness studios: Orange Theory Fitness, One life fitness, Ballston CrossFit, Solidcore, Bash Boxing
Restaurants- All About Burger, Chick-Fil-A, Bartaco- coming soon, Copa Kitchen and Bar, Cucina Al Volo, Compass Coffee- coming soon, District Dougnut, Hot Lolas, Ice Cream Jubilee, The Local Oyster, Maizal, Mezeh- coming soon, Mi & Yu Noodle Bar,Punch Bowl Social, Rice Crook, Roll’d, Slapfish, Southblock, Sloppy Mamas BBQ, Ted’s Bulletin, True Food Kitchen, Turu’s, Union Kitchen.
Activities: 5 Wits, Cookology, Instagram Alley, Muse Paint Bar- coming soon, Medstar Capitals Iceplex, Nook, Punch Bowl Social
Fitness: Onelife Fitness, Bash
Currently available listings in Ballston
Here are some photos and videos of Ballston – so you can get a vibe of what it is!